NSW Safer Drivers Course
Complete the Safer Drivers Course and gain 20 logbook hours
What Is The Safer Drivers Course?
The Safer Drivers Course is designed for learner drivers wanting to learn more about becoming a safe driver.
Through both in-class activities and car coaching sessions, the Safer Drivers Course will help you to be safe long after the driving test. The course is fun, engaging and informative.
The Benefits Of Attending The Safer Drivers Course
- 20 logbook hours
- Ability to identify hazards on the road
- Understanding of how to reduce crash risk
- Better understanding of being a safe P-plate driver
- Understanding of low-risk driving techniques
How Much Is The Safer Drivers Course?
The course is $140. That is $7 per logbook hour! The course is to be paid before attending the first module of the Safer Drivers Course. The cost of the course has been subsidised by Transport NSW.
How Long Is The Safer Drivers Course?
The course duration is 10 hours long where 5 hours is theory based in Module 1 and 5 hours of practical lessons on the road take place in Module 2.
- Three hour interactive facilitated group discussion
- The discussion will involve 10 – 12 learner drivers
- Explore behaviours and strategies that lead to becoming a safer driver
- There are a number of videos and activities to keep the session engaging
- Includes: hazard management, external and internal influences, speed management, following distance, gap selection, and more.
- Two hour coaching session with two learner drivers in the car with a driver trainer
- Participants will have a number of drives each on a set route
- Each of the drives throughout the coaching session are aimed at eliminating the major crash types that occur on NSW roads
- Includes: stationary low risk driving, checking your personal compass, recognising and responding to hazards, and more.
Safer Drivers Course Requirements:
What Will I Learn?
The Safety Drive Course will explore the challenges that unsupervised drivers will face after they pass the test. You will learn strategies to deal with:
- external influences
- importance of thinking ahead
Safer Drivers Course Locations
We run multiple safe drivers courses across Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast, and Illawarra. Here is a sample below of our Campbelltown Route.
Safer Drivers Course FAQs
What will I receive after the course?
- 20 hours entered into your log book
Can I do the course in a manual car?
- We only offer this course in automatic cars due to the advanced driving locations used. If someone is not 100% confident with the controls of the car it can be dangerous.
Is this course a driving lesson?
Who has the highest risk of crashing?
The first 6 months of being on a P1 licence is statistically the most dangerous period of a driver’s life. The potential of a road crash significantly increases the moment you successfully obtain your Provisional licence. In order to help prevent this, the LTrent Safer Drivers Course and the Hazard Perception Test (HPT) will help learner drivers to learn safe driving techniques.