Driving School Macquarie ACT
Local Instructors Near You
Our driving instructors are highly recommended. Their considerable experience of 50 years produced safer drivers who understand road rules, how to identify potential hazards, and how to respond to them appropriately.
At LTrent Driving school, we prepare you for your driving test by developing your driving skills. During your driving lessons, you will learn how to practice safe driving in many different scenarios and contexts.
The most important ability of a new driver is to be able to drive defensively. That is, to develop skills that defend yourself against potential crashes caused by other people on the road. You have more than just yourself to worry about.
Remember that when you drive, you can come into contact with drunk drivers, poor driving conditions, and dangerous or distracted drivers. It’s important not only to develop your driving technique, but to be able to anticipate, spot, and respond to driving hazards caused by others.
One of a Kind Driving Lessons in Macquarie ACT
Unlike other driving schools, we offer a wide variety of driving courses that are tailored to very specific needs. Improve your driving ability with some of our most popular driving courses such as:
- Safer Drivers Course: This driving course is all about anticipating, identifying, and responding to road hazards in emergency driving scenarios. It will make you a safer driver and prepare you for the mandatory Hazard Road Test which you must complete before booking your Provisional licence test.
- Open Road Lesson: During this lesson, the instructor will take you on highways and freeways, gravel terrain, and high speed bends. These are driving skills that are not covered in the driving test and are therefore often neglected. If you plan on taking road trips and travelling on highways, then you need to practice safely travelling at high speeds, switching lanes, and travelling long distances. Driver training in these scenarios is some of the most useful driving practice one can get.
- Drivers Test Preparation: After completing the driving course and on-road test, you will know exactly what testing offers expect in the driving test. This is a tough course that is even more difficult than the official P’s test to ensure ACT learner drivers can pass on their first try.
We have a system to assess drivers for their provisional licenses. When your instructor knows you’re ready to take the real test, they can book it for you.
Upon completion, LTrent Driving School will continue to assist you in booking your Provisional license test, providing you rides to and from the test, allowing you to do a warm-up run, and helping complete paperwork.
Address: Macquarie, ACT 2614
Nearest Driving Test Location: 1.4 km
Access Canberra Service Centre Belconnen
Benefits Of Learning With LTrent
- Confidence driving on the road
- Learn driving skills to pass the test and drive safe for life
- Get 3 bonus logbook hours for 1 hour with an instructor*
*Only for the first 10 hours with a driving instructor
- Receive a free Learn To Drive handbook
- Learn through structured curriculum developed over 50 years
- Picked up and dropped off from home*
*Can also be picked up from school/work if the instructor also services that area
Services LTrent Offers In Your Area
- Trent On Road Test (TORT)
- Competency Based Driver Training & Assessment (CBT&A)
- Test day service
- Refresher lessons
- Overseas licence lessons
- Safer Drivers Course
- Automatic Driving Instructors
Why Pick LTrent Driving School in Macquarie, Canberra?
Learn driving skills in the safety and comfort of our dual controlled vehicles under the instruction of our highly experienced instructors. Be in control of your lessons with our extremely convenient online booking system.
You choose the time and the place with lessons available 7 days a week. Become one of 300,000 students who choose LTrent Driving School and book a lesson today.
Driving Instructor Certifications
- Cert. IV Driving Instruction
- Cert. IV Training & Assessment
- Working With Childrens Check
- Trained directly by LTrent
What Our Students Say About LTrent
We value the experience of our students. Here’s what they have to say.
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers
How long will it take me to learn how to drive?
At Ltrent we understand that everyone learns at different speeds. Regardless of your stage in the learning process, with our accelerated learning programme you will need less lessons than with any of our competitors.
Where will my lessons be held?
The lessons start and finish at a location convenient to you. This is usually your home address but we can come to your school or office, just let us know.
How do I pass my driving test?
Passing your test should be easy as long as you prepare early. Your driver trainer will set a goal date for your test and work towards that date with you. Along the way there will be practice tests and test route preparation. Remember, safe drivers pass.
What type of car will my lessons be in?
Our fleet is the most modern in the industry and all our cars are less than four years. We offer training in manual and automatic vehicles in all the areas that we service.
When should I get driving lessons?
You should see us as soon as you get your learners licence. Lessons are most effective when you are new to driving.
When does LTrent offer lessons?
We provide lessons from early in the morning until late at night, 7 days a week. If you have a busy schedule we can fit you in.
Do you have dual controlled vehicles?
Yes. All our vehicles are fitted with dual controls and we take extra care to make sure you are safe while learning to drive.
Am I covered by insurance?
Absolutely. It is vitally important when choosing a driving school that you know that you are covered. At Ltrent, we are fully insured and all our instructors have passed police and working with children checks. Rest assured we have you and your safety covered every time you get behind the wheel with us.